2.26.2009

Welcome Home Katie!

Her big brothers watching over her . . . and trying to share their pretzels with her.
In her carseat for the first time, ready to leave the hospital.
Daddy is in awe of our girly girl.
Going home outfit . . .complete with huge hospital binkie!
Kate Olivia Stark arrived Friday, February 20th at 4:42 pm. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 2.2 oz and measured 19.75 inches long. We got to the hospital at 8 AM and waited in the lobby to be called back til almost noon! We were almost sent home . . . thank goodness we made it in a room. :) The nurses started me on pitocin and an IV drip right away and I asked for my epidural not long after that. :) My mom, dad, Derrik, and I watched some TV while we waited for it to be time for me to push. Finally, at 4:42 she made her debut! She even has a little bit of blonde hair, her brothers were both bald, so I was excited to see some hair on that head! :) She is a doll and has been so much fun. Her brothers are loving having her around . . . Will is constantly watching her and wanting to hold her, Jonny on the other hand is not quite sure what to think of her yet, I think he's still thinking she's just visiting for a little while. :) She is a good little eater and sleeper. We love love love listening to her coos and grunts . . . I can't believe she's here and that we now have 3 little ones in our home--how fun . . . and crazy! 

9 comments:

Anya and Joe McCombs said...

I love the name Katie -- she is so beautiful. Your boys are adorable too.

Chaunda and Jeremy said...

She is so, so darling!! Very beautiful. What else would we even expect?? Congrats. We love you.

Shelley said...

Hooray! she is beautiful! She looks so much like your other babies. I want to visit and bring dinner, but my kids are sick as death right now so maybe I'll just wait on that! Congratulations on the gorgeous little gal.

Unknown said...

She's so gorgeous!! She must get it from her Aunt Alli.. definitely! I wish I could be there to meet her and play with her! She looks like a Stark/Reynolds mixture baby in the last picture of her face- very different from the last picture I saw!

Mike and Susie Stark Family said...

Congrats guys! She is VERY cute!

Laura said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful, but of course! We miss you.

Rolph Family said...

Congrats Jen, she is darling! And I LOVE the name! Olivia is going to be our little girls middle name as well after my grandmother and Kate was a front runner while naming Kambria, but we are still debating the first name, there are a couple of contenders. :) So glad everything went well.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations. She's beautiful! Looks like she got her daddy's nose. Take care and let us know if you need anything.

Liz said...

Congratulations you guys! Jen-you look good. I can't believe you - what a week to start with and then ending it with a beautiful baby girl! Hooray. Lots of love your way!!!